Every Friday morning I go to the Calgary Farmers Market and see what is available. I am a big fan of eating seasonally and find what produce I pick up at the market dictates what we will eat for the week.
Today I saw an abundance of squashes at the market and decided to make a butternut squash soup.
All the ingredients for this vegetarian red curry soup I picked up at the market. Well everything except the red curry paste. I already had that in my pantry.
I love that this soup only takes 30 minutes to make. Perfect on busy evenings when you do not have a lot of time to get a meal together for your family.Print
Butternut Squash Red Curry Soup
An easy to make vegetarian soup perfect on those cold fall days when you need to be warmed up.
- In a medium saucepan add the vegetable broth and heat to medium.
- Cut squash in 1/2. Then scoop out seeds. Slice squash. Peel and chop butternut squash into cubes.
- Add squash, potatoes, carrots and red pepper.
- Add the curry, fish sauce and dried lemongrass to soup and stir.
- Place lid on soup and cook for 15 minutes on low/ medium heat.
- Add the coconut milk and stir.
- Cook until squash is tender.
- Add the chopped kale and serve.