This weeks burger is a twist on holiday flavors. Does cranberry sauce only go with thanksgiving? Does it only go with turkey? Why not on a burger I thought.
Well, as usual I was very pleased with my experimentation and in fact think this is one of my top picks for burgers so far.
Peppy Cranberry Sauce
- 1 can ocean spray whole cranberry sauce
- 1/2 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 3-4 drops Tabasco sauce (Optional)
- Heat all ingredients in a saucepan on low heat.
- Stir and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Cool and serve.
Peppy Cranberry Burger
- Peppy Cranberry sauce
- Dried cranberries
- Chopped onions
- Gluten free hamburger buns
- 5 yr aged cheddar cheese (I get mine from Sobeys)
- For the burger patties this time, I added dried cranberries, cumin, cinnamon and chopped onions.
- Once grilled, these burgers had a caramelized texture.
- Top grilled patties with aged cheddar cheese, let melt.
- Top toasted bun with grilled patty.
- Top burger with cranberry sauce.
- Place top of bun on and enjoy!