Here is the third recipe I mentioned previously. It includes a stand alone recipe for a delicious dark chocolate brownie.
I’m hosting a Christmas party this weekend and wanted to include over-the-top baked goodies on the buffet table.
What better way to do that, then with a 3 layer brownie.
A dark chocolate brownie bottom layer.
A peanut butter crisp nougat in the middle.
A layer of thick dark chocolate on the top.
I think you’ll add this recipe to your “make again” list. In fact, I guarantee that no one will know this is a gluten free goodie. That to me is a huge success!
With 3 layers, this can be started in the morning and ready for the evening, but think baking the brownie, then once cooled adding the nougat layer and allowing to freeze overnight would be less stressful.
I hope you give this a try and let me know what you think in the comments below (OR on our community Facebook page!)
Gluten Free 3 Layer Brownie
- 2 oz (squares) dark chocolate
- 2 oz (squares) unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp gluten-free free vanilla
- 1 cup Cuisine Soleil organic gluten free flour blend
- 2 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup gluten free dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large square (9×9) pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl whisk gluten free flour blend, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa.
- Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan add dark chocolate plus unsweetened squares and butter.
- Heat on low heat until melted.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Add chocolate to bowl of stand mixer.
- Mix white sugar into chocolate mixture.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and mix on medium speed until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips plus nuts.
- Pour batter into square baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool completely if making the 3 layer brownie.
- If making this as a stand alone, you can enjoy a warm brownie if you’d like.
2nd layer: Nougat Crunch
- 1 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup less 2 Tbsp evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 jar marshmallow crime
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup gluten free Rice Krispies
- In a medium saucepan combine the sugar, evaporated milk and butter.
- Heat on medium-high until mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in marshmallow creme and peanut butter.
- Add Rice Krispies.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over cooled brownies.
- Spread to edges.
- Place pan in freezer for at least an hour.
3rd layer: Chocolate Topping
- 1 pkg dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- In a small saucepan combine chocolate chips, butter and whipping cream.
- Heat on low heat until chocolate is melted. Stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and pour over nougat layer.
- Spread evenly over nougat.
- Cover with Saran Wrap and place 3 layer brownies in fridge for at least an hour.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!