Before I jump in to this recipe I want to thank you all for your continual support and positive comments. It can be a tough line to balance when trying to please all of my readers with various recipes, as we all have different diets and palettes for different kinds of foods and spices. I love food, trying new things and sharing them with others. I hope to inspire as I have been inspired by so many others. Thank you for allowing me to share something I love so much with all of you!
Alright, so as promised in my last blog post. here is a recipe for the Stuffed Spaghetti Squash.
Spaghetti squash is a great vessel and can be filled with almost anything. My girlfriend Leslie, introduced me to stuffed squash, filling it with meatloaf ingredients. We usually baked it in the oven but I currently don’t have access to a kitchen right now so I thought I’d try it on the barbeque.
It turned out great! Next time I’ll play around a little more with various flavors and ingredients. Feel free to play with my recipe and adapt it to your palette.
Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- 1/2 Spaghetti squash, cleaned and hollowed out
- 2 cups ground lean beef
- 1/4 cup onions, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp each dried oregano, basil and parsley
- 2 tbsp gf taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded aged cheddar cheese
- In medium bowl, mix well ground beef, onions, celery, garlic, red pepper, hot sauce, tomato paste, cumin, herbs and taco seasoning.
- Fill half of the beef mixture in the hollowed squash.
- Press firmly in squash.
- Make a long cavity in the beef and fill with shredded cheese.
- Top cheese with the rest of the beef.
- Pressing well to seal in cheese.
- Place a large sheet of aluminum foil under squash and pour about a 1 Tbsp of olive oil on the squash.
- Wrap the squash with the aluminum foil.
- Place squash on the barbeque and on medium heat, grill for 40 minutes.
- Turn heat to low and continue cooking for 45-60 minutes.
- I flipped my squash over for 10 minutes to allow the squash to caramelize on the top.
- Slice and serve.