I was craving brownies the other day so I worked on a new brownie recipe to share
with you all. The brownies were baked in a 9 x 13 baking pan which made them a thinner brownie which I really liked and I topped them them with melted chocolate chips as well as crushed gluten free candy canes.
All I can say is YUMMY!
I also used real butter in the recipe but feel free to use vegan “butter” if you want.
This recipe would be a great one for gift giving too. You can find Christmas tins at the dollar store or Michaels which makes great containers for your baked goodies.
These brownies are part cookie and part candy with the combo of baked brownie, chocolate icing and sweet chopped candy canes. After having a couple of brownies I realized I could eat them all so I put the rest in a cookie tin and placed the tin in the freezer until the holidays are here. Better for my waistline I figure.
Gluten Free Candy Cane Brownies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup cup gluten free flour blend (I used Compliments gluten free flour blend that is available at Sobeys and Safeway)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2-3 tsp milk
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- 3 gluten free Tru Sweets candy canes, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer beat the softened butter with the brown and white sugar.
- Add the vanilla and mix.
- In a small bowl whisk the gluten free flour blend, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix well on medium speed.
- Add up to 3 Tbsp of milk to batter to thin it out a bit.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix on low until combined.
- Spread batter into lined baking pan.
- Bake in oven for 12- 15 minutes or until brownie is set.
- Remove from oven and cool for a couple of minutes.
- Top warm brownie with chocolate chips. Let sit for a couple of minutes and then spread melted chocolate over baked brownie.
- Sprinkle the chopped candy canes over the melted chocolate.
- Let pan cool completely before cutting into squares.
Looking for Delicious Salad Recipes?
In my Gluten Free Salads Cookbook you can find 27 other delicious recipes your friends and family will love, including: Cucumber Herb Salad, Roasted Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad, Sesame Noodle Salad and many more. Purchase yours today.