Bestest Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened (or use Earth Balance vegan “butter” for DF version)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend (I used Compliments GF flour available at Safeway and Sobeys)
- 3/4 cup baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup raw pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life chocolate chips)
- another 1/2 cup mini or chunky chocolate chips for a real boost of chocolate in the cookie. Optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer beat the butter until soft.
- Add the brown and white sugar and beat together, scraping sides of pan to incorporate all.
- Add the 2 large eggs and mix again.
- Scrape sides of bowl to incorporate all.
- Add the vanilla.
- In a small bowl whisk the gluten free flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the coconut and rolled oats and mix for just a minute.
- Add the pecans and chocolate chips and mix on low.
- I used an ice cream scoop to portion the cookie batter onto the lined cookie sheets.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool on rack.
Firstly I am shocked I never shared this recipe. I really thought I had until I went to make chocolate chip cookies the other day and realized the recipe was not on my blog.
Sometimes I come up with 3 or more new recipes, take photos, remake the recipe, share the photos on social media and then go on to the next new recipe and realize I never actually shared it on my blog.
This recipe rocks – truly and can be made both with dairy and dairy free and with each version it is still amazing.
It is a soft and chewy cookie that stays soft and chewy for days.
Yes – days.
Bestest chocolate chip cookie.
When I made this new recipe I wanted to see if it was really as good as I thought so I had brought cookies to an event I was at and asked a few gluten free folks to try them for me. Overwhelming response. They loved them.