Did you know most of the flavored nut mixtures on the market have gluten in them?
Why not make your own and have some fun playing with flavor combos?
Sweet and Salty?
What are your favorite combinations?
This recipe makes a large bowl of peanuts. Great for a large gathering or for a movie night.
Chai Spice mixture
- 2 tsp saigon cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp ground cardamon
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp chinese ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp Maldon sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
Gluten Free Chai Spice Peanuts
- 4 cups raw spanish peanuts
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp good vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 4 tsp chai spice mixture
- 1 tsp maldon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat with a hand mixer the egg whites and vanilla until frothy.
- Add the peanuts to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the coconut sugar, chai spice mixture and salt. Stir well.
- Spread peanuts onto parchment lined cookie sheet evenly.
- Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes, stirring at 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and break up peanut mixture.