I think you have all gathered by now that I enjoy Meyer Lemon season. Nothing made me happier than to find loads of Meyer Lemons at Costco a few weeks ago. I took 4 large containers home with me and then wondered, “What should I do with all these lemons?”
I knew I wanted fresh Meyer Lemon juice, but I had a lot of lemons so what else could I make?
How about using the juice to make lemonade? Or even better- Sparking Meyer Lemonade! Lemons are so good for you, especially in the morning to cleanse and detox your system. I hope you make some of this lemonade and enjoy a fresh glass in the morning. I know I have!
* Note: You need a juicer to make this lemonade. One that is powerful enough to juice the meyer lemons. I used Jack Lalanne’s juicer and it worked quite well. *
Meyer Lemon Lemonade Syrup
- 4 cups fresh meyer lemon juice
- 3 cups organic cane sugar
- 3 cups water
- The first step in making this lemonade is to juice 15-20 meyer lemons.
- Juicing gives you a lot of pulp in your lemon juice, you want pulp for the added health benefits.
- In a large saucepan, add sugar and water. Stir well. Bring mixture to a boil and stir constantly.
- Boil for 3 minutes.
- Let mixture cool.
- Once cooled, add lemon juice and stir well.
- Pour lemonade syrup into mason jars and store in refrigerator.
- To serve pour 1/4 cup of the syrup into a large glass and top with sparkling water.