Anyone who really knows me knows I love to bake.
It comes from spending most of my childhood at my grandma’s house and experiencing dessert at every meal. Yes, even breakfast had a dessert.
Freshly baked cinnamon rolls, homemade bread, cookies, etc.
It was all made with grandmas love and when I bake it makes me feel closer to her.
But in getting older I am trying to cut back on the sugar in my baking for its better for our health- and waistline.
More and more recipes that will be shared here will be low carb and keto BUT will always be gluten free and I think DELICIOUS!
On my blog I have a recipe for Pumpkin Roll but I wanted to make a lower carb version that would be as good as my original one.
My original recipe for Pumpkin Roll is a winner and I highly recommend you make that pumpkin dessert for your family, but if you are wanting a lower carb version I hope you give this recipe a try.
Keto Pumpkin Roll
- 1 cup finely ground almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup psyllium husks
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup Swerve brown sugar sweetener
- 1 tsp each cinnamon, ginger and cardamom
- 1/2 tsp each cloves and nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3-4 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Swerve sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl add the dry ingredients and mix with a hand mixer.
- Add the eggs, melted coconut oil, pumpkin and cream and beat well.
- Let sit 2 minutes.
- Add boiling water and beat well for a couple minutes.
- Use a spatula to spread batter on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes.
- Remove and cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat the whipping cream until soft peaks, add the sweetener and beat again for a minute.
- Remove the roll from the cookie sheet, leaving it on the parchment paper.
- Spread whipping cream on the roll.
- Roll up.
- Place on a serving plate and then spread cream all over the roll.
- Serve or place in refrigerator for an hour.