I love to bake. Always have.
But as I get older, I have been working on recipes that are lower in carbs, lower in sugar and just a bit healthier when I can.
That is why I decided to try fathead dough.
What is it?
Well, it is a dough made by heating up shredded mozzarella and cream cheese, stirring it and adding a few other ingredients. It is a dough used a lot in Keto baking so I thought I would try it.
Thus the new recipe for Keto Pretzels.
The dough comes together fast and I found it easy to use.
The dough also rises really well in the oven.
I hope you will give this recipe a try and if you do let me know in the comments.
- 2 cups finely ground almond flour
- 3 tbsp psyllium husks
- 1 tbsp gluten free baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 5 tbsp cream cheese
- 3 tbsp boiling water
- Egg white wash
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl add the almond flour, psyllium and baking powder and stir.
- In a microwaveable bowl add the mozzarella and cream cheese and microwave for 90 seconds.
- Stir the mixture and microwave for another minute.
- Stir this very well.
- Add the eggs and the cheese mixture to the dry ingredients and mix for a few minutes.
- Add the boiling water and mix again until it forms a dough.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on countertop.
- Divide dough into 6-8 pieces and then take one piece and roll it into a long log on the parchment paper.
- Fold into the shape of a pretzel and place on lined cookie sheet.
- Repeat rolling and shaping each piece of dough.
- Brush each pretzel with a bit of egg wash.
- Sprinkle sea salt on each pretzel.
- Bake in oven for 13-15 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy!