Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Is it something you crave? Something you really like? Something you miss now that you can’t have gluten?
Well what if I told you I am sharing a recipe for a healthy donut today. One that is low carb, gluten-free, keto, full of lemon and more importantly-REALLY GOOD!
These donuts are baked in the oven and are really quite easy to make.
Are you a fan of lemon? If not, you could easily swap out the lemon in the batter for vanilla or chocolate chips or even fresh fruit like blueberries.
With Easter coming up next month these donuts would be a welcome addition to your holiday dessert table. I always like to have low sugar options for myself and my guests.
As always if you do make this recipe, please let me know what you think. I really do like to know how my recipes work out for you all.
Keto Lemon Donuts
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 tbsp Swerve granular sweetener
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup finely ground almond flour
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 1 tbsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 6 donut baking pan or use a silpat donut pan.
- In a stand mixer add the butter and swerve and beat.
- Add the eggs and beat, scraping sides of bowl to incorporate all.
- Add the flour, psyllium, baking powder and coconut flour and beat on medium speed.
- Add the whipping cream and vanilla and mix again.
- Add the boiling water and beat on medium until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into greased donut pan.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- Remove donuts from pan.