Do you have an instant pot?
Has it been something you have been thinking of getting after seeing so many recipes on the internet? Now that I have an Instant Pot I cannot imagine NOT having one.
An instant pot is an easy to use pressure cooker. Thats the simplest explanation. A pressure cooker cooks foods fast and allows you to get meals on the table quicker then before.
Things like pulled pork that would normally take 8-12 hours in the oven, only takes 90 minutes in the Instant Pot. This to me makes an Instant Pot worth the money.
I will be sharing a ton more recipes using the Instant Pot but for today I am sharing a chicken taco soup that only takes 15 minutes to make. This soup is gluten-free, low carb and keto.
I am watching my carbs but if you are not feel free to add chopped carrots, potatoes, rice or corn to the recipe.
I found it quite filling just the way it is.
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup
- 3-4 chicken breasts (amount depends on size)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 can (398ml) chopped tomatoes
- Empty tomato can filled with water
- 2 tsp each dried chile powder, oregano and dried jalapeños
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 250g block cream cheese
- 1 Litre chicken bone broth
- 1/3 cup whipping cream (optional)
- Turn instant pot to sauté.
- Add the oil, onions and celery and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the spices and garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add chicken, canned tomatoes, water and bone broth.
- Seal and high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Manually vent.
- Once vented turn pot to sauté.
- Remove chicken and shred.
- Add cream cheese to pot and stir until smooth.
- Add chicken back and optional whipping cream.
- Shut off instant pot.