I love granola and yogurt. I love homemade granola and a great thick greek yogurt! Here is a recipe for a great tasting granola, and one that you could take in Ziploc bags with you, so that you always have a great tasting snack.
I promised you the recipe from Erin McKenna’s latest cookbook “Babycakes, Covers the Classics” (a gluten free vegan cookbook) after posting her recipe for easy Oatmeal Cookies last week.
I hope that some of you picked up her latest cookbook for all the recipes look easy to make and I think would be a great cookbook to have on your shelves.
I’ve tried my share of cookbooks, in fact whenever I am in Chapters I look to see if any new gluten free cookbooks have come out. When I do see one that I do not have, I take it home, and I am sorry to say some gluten free cookbooks don’t pass the mustard.
This one does, and I am happy to endorse it!
As per usual I added my own bit of flair to the recipe. I have stated in many blogs that I collect spices. Whenever I travel or visit new places I am always on the lookout for new flavors and combinations to add to my collection.
Today was no different. I added vanilla powder, meyer lemon peel, nutmeg, and Saigon cinnamon. I made 2 batches of this granola and following Erin’s recipe, the granola still turns out great. I like to play with flavors so these were my additions, feel free to play with your own combinations. Orange peel? Banana chips?
Have some fun!
Gluten Free Vegan Granola
- 4 cups gluten free oats (I use Only Oats)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup pecans(optional, or use almonds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts)
- 1 cup dried berries(cranberries, blueberries, cherries, raisins)
- 1/3 cup MELTED coconut oil
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, salt, cinnamon, ginger, coconut, pecans and berries and mix together.
- Add the coconut oil and agave nectar and toss until the oats are covered.
- Pour the mixture onto the baking sheet, spread out and bake for 15 minutes.
- Give the mixture a stir and continue baking for 10-15 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.Store granola in a covered container. (I use a Tupperware container).