If you hadn’t realized it yet- I love my Meyer lemons! They are sweet and fabulous.
I could eat this curd straight out of the jar. It’s even better when it is freshly made and is warm and sweetly tart. Top waffles with lemon curd, or use it in my gluten free english scones. I like to slice fresh gluten free pound cake and top with it off with lemon curd.
Many, many possibilities.
Gluten Free Meyer Lemon Curd
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup juice from meyer lemons
- 1/4 cup butter
- Zest from the Meyer lemons
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar.
- Add the lemon juice and switch to using a wooden spoon to stir.
- Stir continually for 8-12 minutes on low: making sure mixture does not boil.
- Your curd is done when it thickens and coats the back of the spoon.
- Next: add butter and stir until butter is melted.
- Add lemon zest and remove from heat.
- Store in a jar then place in refrigerator