This is day 18 of my #20daysofcookies campaign to post a new gluten free dairy free recipe each day. Enjoy the other recipes here.
Here is the 18th new cookie recipe for the month of December, #20daysofcookies, where I will share 20 new gluten free cookie recipes from December 1-20. Make sure you subscribe to receive each one!
In fact not only is this recipe gluten free, it is dairy free and grain free.
I decided to add dried cherries, pistachios and chocolate chips to the meringue batter.
This cookie is also delicious plain so feel free to add or subtract your own added ingredients.
Have you liked the recipes so far?
Only have 2 more recipes left and I am hoping you will enjoy them.
This recipe made abut 20 large meringue pillows.
Gluten Free Dairy Free Cherry Pistachio Meringue Pillows
- egg whites (or you can used 8 Tbsp of liquid egg whites)
- 1 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- Remove egg whites from refrigerator and bring to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer add the egg whites and beat on high until soft peaks form.
- Slowly add the white sugar and beat on high until stiff glossy peaks form.
- This can take awhile.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, cherries and pistachios.
- Use a large ice cream scoop to drop dough onto the lined cookie sheets.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.