May I present the gluten-free cream puff!
Isn’t she a beauty? I could have made a fancy vanilla pudding filling and drizzled dark chocolate ganache on this cream puff but guess what?
A cream puff only needs one thing. A whipped cream for the inside.
For me all a cream puff needs is simple thick, slightly sweetened whipped cream.
Do you agree?
This year I think I will make gluten-free cream puffs for Christmas morning. Coffee, tea, cream puffs and fresh fruit. Wouldn’t that be a nice breakfast while opening up the Christmas presents?
Gluten-Free Cream Puffs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend (1to1)
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Add water and butter to a small saucepan.
- Heat on high, once better is melted and then boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add flour.
- Use a spatula and quickly mix the flour in until a smooth batter is formed.
- Spoon dough into a medium bowl.
- Use a hand mixer and add one egg and beat.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each egg.
- Dough should be shiny and smooth in the end.
- Use an ice cream scoop to drop dough onto lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 17 minutes.
- Shut off oven and let cream puffs sit inside oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove and cool.