Gluten free pasta.
Do you make pasta for your family during the week? More than once a week? Are you happy with your gluten free pasta?
Catelli now offers gluten free spaghetti, penne and fusilli made with a combination of white rice, brown rice, corn and quinoa.
I was contacted recently by Catelli to try a box of their gluten free pasta and they also offered a prize of a year supply of Catelli gluten free pasta to one of my readers.
Yes, you read that right.
A year supply of gluten free pasta is my latest contest prize!
Enter to win at the bottom of this page!
I am so excited to offer this prize to my readers. Are you as excited as I am!?
Catelli then contacted me and offered to do a professional photo shoot at my house!
Again – excited! I was asked to make a gluten free pasta dish using Catelli pasta and then share the recipe with my readers. Instead of one recipe I worked on 2 recipes and will be sharing the other recipe with you in the next few days!
The first recipe is a gluten-free roasted butternut squash spinach baked penne and then I will be sharing a gluten-free 3 mushroom Alfredo spaghetti dish.
All the recipes are easy to make, gluten-free and vegetarian.
Butternut Squash Spinach Baked Penne
- 1/2 butternut squash roasted *
- 1/2 frozen spinach (unthawed)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 box Catelli gluten free penne pasta
- * Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut butternut squash in half and place squash cut side up on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and scoop out the seeds.
- Scoop the roasted squash into a small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter.
- Add onions and sauté on low until onions are soft.
- Add the arrowroot starch and stir to combine.
- Slowly add the milk and whisk to combine.
- Increase heat to low-medium and cook until sauce thickens.
- Once thickened, add shredded cheddar cheese.
- Remove from heat.
- In a stockpot cook gluten free pasta according to package directions.
- In a large bowl add the thawed spinach, roasted butternut squash, pasta and cheese sauce.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the shredded parmesan over the top of the pasta dish.
- Bake pasta in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy!