Here is another recipe using Catelli’s new line of gluten free pastas.
I’m hoping you’ve had a chance to try my last recipe for Gluten-Free Butternut Squash Baked Penne plus have entered for a chance to win a year supply of gluten free pasta from Catelli.
This recipe uses three different mushrooms and a homemade Alfredo sauce.
Even though this recipe is vegetarian you could easily add grilled chicken to the pasta dish.
Before I share this recipe with you, I need to say thank you to a few people.
First I am honored and grateful that Catelli is sponsoring this contest for my readers.
I have to say thank you to Gail Bergman PR for contacting me regarding Catelli’s new line of gluten free pastas and then sending a professional photographer to my home.
I had a great time at the photo shoot and am thankful for the opportunity.
Thank you to Perry of Perry Thompson Photography for putting me at ease and taking fantastic photos in my home.
Gluten-Free 3 Mushroom Pasta
- 200 g (small container) crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 200 g (small container) white button mushrooms, sliced
- 200 g (small container) baby portabello mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1 box Catelli gluten fee spaghetti
- 1/8 cup arrowroot starch
- 2 – 2 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese for sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese as a topping
- In large frying pan on medium heat add olive oil and butter.
- Add sliced mushrooms, chopped onions, thyme and garlic and saute until soft and lightly brown.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Turn down to a simmer.
- In a small saucepan melt the 1/4 cup butter.
- On low heat add the arrowroot starch and whisk.
- Add the milk slowly whisking until sauce is smooth.
- Increase heat to low-medium and whisk until sauce thickens.
- Turn to low and add shredded parmesan cheese.
- Pour white sauce over sautéed mushrooms and stir.
- Keep sauce on low heat until you are ready to serve.
- In a large stockpot make the pasta according to package directions.
- To serve place cooked pasta in individual bowls and top with the hot mushroom sauce.
- Sprinkle shredded parmesan on each dish.