Double Chocolate Marshmallow Brownies
- 1/2 cup softened butter or a vegan alternative like Earth Balance
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 tbsp good quality dark cocoa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour (I used Compliments gluten free flour blend or you could also use Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free flour blend)
- 1 jar Marshmallow creme/fluff (you won’t use the whole jar but you cannot find it in a smaller size)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free Rick Krispies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 8×8 square pan with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer add the softened butter and sugar and mix.
- Add the salt and cocoa and mix again.
- Scraping sides of bowl to incorporate.
- Add the eggs and beat on medium speed.
- Scrape side of bowl and mix again on medium speed.
- Add gluten free flour and mix on low speed until blended.
- Spread the batter into the parchment lined pan.
- Bake in over for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Once cool spread about half the marshmallow creme over the cooled brownies
- .In a small saucepan add the peanut butter and chocolate chips and melt on low heat.
- Stirring well.
- Once all is melted and combined remove from heat.
- Add the gluten free Rice Krispies.
- Spread the chocolate krispie mixture over the marshmallow layer.
- Cool the Brownies in the refrigerator.
- Once cool, cut into square and enjoy!
After posting a healthy salad recipe I had to share a decadent holiday dessert.
This is a recipe for a 3 layer brownie.
First layer is a baked chocolate brownie then topped with marshmallow creme and then finally a crunchy chocolate/ peanut butter layer.
Sound good, right?
I was going through old family recipes and found this recipe called Crunch Brownies.
It had no name on it so I have no idea who wrote the original recipe but I did change quite a few things to make it gluten free.
Give the recipe a try and please let me know what you think. I am sure you will love it!!
While I used butter in this recipe you could easily use Earth Balance vegan butter and the recipe would be dairy free too.