Date Coconut Pistachio Balls
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup raw pistachios
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup gluten free Rice Krispie cereal
- 1 tsp maca powder *
- 1 tsp lucuma powder *
- Optional ingredients to roll balls in:
- unsweetened coconut
- raw cocao nibs
- good quality cocoa powder
- In a food processor pulse the pistachios and pumpkin seeds until finely chopped.
- In a small saucepan on low heat add the coconut oil and the dates.
- Cook for 5 minutes until dates are soft.
- Stir well.
- Add warmed dates to food processor.
- Process until all is combined well.
- In a large bowl add the gluten free Rice Krispies, coconut, maca and lucuma powder.
- Add the ingredients from the food processor and stir to combine.
- I like to use my hands to mix the ingredients.
- Using a ice cream scoop make balls out of the mixture.
- Roll in coconut, cocoa powder or raw cacao nibs.
- Place in refrigerator to cool.
- I purchased the maca powder and lucuma powder at The Light Cellar in Bowness.
- The maca and lucuma powder are optional ingredients.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!