With the holidays coming in fast it is all about entertaining and appetizers. One of my favourite appetizers is to make meatballs. They are easy to make and can be switched up a zillion different ways!
Buffalo meatballs are a fun way to showcase these balls.
You can easily make these meatballs the day ahead and just pop them back in the oven to warm up or even better- use your slow cooker.
Once ready to serve, dollop the meatballs with the hot sauce and a drizzle of the creamy yogurt.
These gluten-free buffalo meatballs are also low carb and keto for I did not use any bread crumbs to form the balls.
I do love a good meatball appetizer. Will be sharing another meatball appetizer next week. Watch out for marmalade meatball recipe.
- 1 1/2 pkgs ground beef (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 tbsp swerve sweetener
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt watered down with milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl add ground beef and mix in the onion, chili powder and hot sauce.
- Use an ice cream scoop to drop meatballs onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Flip each meatball over and cook for another 5-8 minutes.
- Mix hot sauce with swerve.
- Drizzle a bit of sauce on bottom of serving plate.
- Add meatballs.
- Drizzle hot sauce over each meatball.
- Drizzle yogurt over each meatball.