Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Do you have an air fryer?
First I was never a big fryer. You won’t find me deep frying any food on a regular basis, so buying an air fryer really didn’t feel like something I needed in my kitchen.
Then I made a batch of my baked chicken wings one day in the oven and realized that I would use an air fryer if I had one. Again because I never was a deep fryer an air fryer sounded good to me. I could make fried food without all the oil and that sounded good to me.
One of the first things I made in my air fryer was a batch of chicken wings and I have to say- YUM! They took less time then the oven, used way less oil and they were crispier then the oven.
I have a Philips XXL Air Fryer and would highly recommend, if you get an air fryer to get one with a big basket. Some of the ones on the market have a small basket and that means making a lot of batches.
If you have an air fryer, what is your favourite thing to fry?
Id love to know.
Here is the recipe!
Air Fry Meatballs
- 1/2 pkg ground pork (about 200 g)
- 1 pkg ground Italian sausage meat (375 g)
- 1/2 cup low carb crumb mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1 tsp each garlic powder, oregano and Chile powder
- Add all ingredients to a medium bowl.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop meatballs.
- Drop on a plate.
- Roll with hands into a ball.
- Repeat until all meatballs are rolled.
- Spray the airy fry basket with oil.
- Add meatballs to basket making sure they don’t touch and you don’t overcrowd them.
- You will need to make a few batches of meatballs.
- Air Fry 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Flip each meatball over.
- Cook for another 6 minutes.
- Repeat until all meatballs are cooked.