What to make for supper?
What else can I do with pasta?
These are questions many of us deal with when preparing meals for our families.
I happen to be at home full-time right now, therefore have more time to make the meals for my bunch of men.
Not everyone is able to be at home, but we all still need quick and easy meals.
This is one example, I hope you all enjoy.
Creamy Shrimp Pasta
- 1 pkg (16 oz) rice pasta( I used penne)
- 1 bag large raw, peeled pacific white shrimp
- 1/2 pkg (125g) cream cheese
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- Juice of one lemon
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until done. Drain well and place in large bowl.
- In skillet, sauté shrimp with oil and garlic. Cook until shrimp is pink, then drain, and transfer to the pasta bowl.
- Give same skillet, a quick wipe with a paper towel.
- Place back on low heat. Stir cream cheese, and lemon juice. Cook until blended, stirring constantly. Cook approximately 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over shrimp and pasta and stir well.
- Sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese. Serve right away.
** I found this recipe would serve easily 6-8 people.
Next time I make this recipe I will double the cream cheese sauce. My boys like pastas to be really creamy and they found this a little dry.