These are such a classic holiday cookie for me. I really could eat half a dozen of these during the day if I left them out in the kitchen. That is why I keep them in my spare fridge in the basement or there would be none left for the holidays.
Do you have a cookie that you really cannot stop yourself from eating?
My favourite jam to use is raspberry and then the bit of sprinkling of icing sugar on top makes them my fave.
I decided to cut back the sugar in these cookies and used Swerve sweetener instead of white sugar. I really like using Swerve in my baking now and I feel better that I am cutting back on the sugar too.
These cookies are fun to make with your kids too. They love to use the cookie cutters to cut out the shapes and then help icing them with jam.Print
Recipe:Gluten-free Linzer Cookies
A classic holiday cookie with a light filling of jam and then a sprinkling of icing sugar on top
- 1/2 cup palm/coconut shortening
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup Swerve granular sweetener
- 1/3 cup Swerve brown sweetener
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend (1to1]
- 1/2 cup gluten free cornstarch
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- Low sugar jam plus Swerve icing sugar sweetener
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpats.
- In a stand mixer add the shortening and butter and mix well.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla and mix until creamy.
- Add the sweeteners and beat well.
- Add the egg and beat until batter is light and fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until all mixed well.
- Remove batter and make into a ball.
- Place in refer for at least 30 min to chill.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove dough and cut in 1/2.
- Roll dough onto a floured surface. I like to use tapioca starch for this.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out shape. Use a small circle cutter to cut hole in middle of one cookie.
- Place on lined cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove and repeat process.
- Once cookies are cooled you can spread jam on one cookie and top with the cut out cookie.
- Sprinkle icing sugar on cookies.