I had never had a snickerdoodle cookie until recently. For so many people this cookie is a classic holiday cookie and one that they have had at Christmas time for many years. Not sure why it wasn’t for me, but it wasn’t.
Not that I have developed a gluten-free version I am sure I will be making this cookie at the holidays from now on.
These cookies would be perfect for a hostess gift, a cookie exchange or just to enjoy at holiday time.
This year I am giving cookie boxes for gifts. I bought wooden cutlery trays and painted them white. Great way to share them.
Happy baking! I would love to hear if you try any of my recipes for the holidays. Send me a comment.Print
Recipe: Gluten Free Snickerdoodles
A soft and chewy gluten-free cookie rolled in cinnamon and sugar.
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free flour blend (1 to 1)
- Cinnamon and sugar mixed together on a plate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer add the butter and sugar and mix on low speed.
- Increase speed until creamy.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Scraping sides of bowl to incorporate all.
- Add vanilla, baking soda and cream of tartar and mix on low.
- Add flour and mix on low until all combined.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out cookie balls.
- Roll each one in cinnamon sugar mixture and place on cookie sheet.
- Use a fork to lightly press down each cookie.
- Bake for 11 minutes.
- Remove and cool.