I am a fan of muffins.
I am not sure why I feel so strongly about muffins but I do. For those of you who have been following my journey with Wheat Free Mom from the beginning you will know that Muffins is why I started my blog.
When I got the diagnosis of celiacs disease and started baking gluten free I was so frustrated with the results. All I really wanted to do was just bake some muffins for my family.
Baking muffins have always been my “go-to” thing.
Need something for school lunches-bake muffins in the evening.
Need something quick for breakfast-bake muffins.
Friend coming over for tea in the afternoon- I bake muffins.
So as you can see, I am a fan of muffins.
When I tasted this new muffin I was so very pleased and new I had to share the recipe with you all.
I call these muffins Kitchen Sink Muffins because you can switch up the ingredients depending on what you have available in your kitchen.
I love a recipe that you can PLAY with!
This recipe also made about 16 large muffins so plenty for the family to share.
Gluten Free Kitchen Sink Muffins
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 cups Compliments gluten free flour blend (I find this flour at Safeway and Sobeys stores)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (or use 3/4 cup goat milk and add 1 tsp apple cider vinegar)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp good quality vanilla
- 1/2 cup grated carrots (could use zucchini instead)
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup raw sliced almonds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
Looking for Delicious Salad Recipes?
In my Gluten Free Salads Cookbook you can find 27 other delicious recipes your friends and family will love, including: Cucumber Herb Salad, Roasted Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad, Sesame Noodle Salad and many more. Purchase yours today.
Share this recipe with your friends: