So in 2016 I am striving to share more savoury gluten free recipes and not just sweet recipes with you all.
But in saying that and I promise the next couple recipes I share will NOT be a cookie recipe, I am sharing a new gluten free cookie recipe with you all today.
I just have too, I really do!
Did you not see the name of these cookies?
Double coconut, bacon, pretzel salty bites and chocolate are all in this gluten free drop cookie.
Now are you interested?
First though let me clarify the bacon in this cookie. I used coconut bacon, yep – that does exist and I love it in a cookie. So I guess that makes this bacon cookie actually vegetarian!
I found the coconut bacon at my local London Drugs store and I find they carry a large assortment of gluten free items which I like.
I also used pretzel bites in this recipe which I found at Superstore.
Gluten Free Double Coconut Bacon Cookies
- 2 1/4 cup Compliments gluten free flour blend (I find this blend at Sobeys and Safeway stores here)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup Earth Balance vegan “butter”, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp good quality vanilla
- 1 cup non contaminated oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup gluten free pretzel bites (I used Presidents Choice brand)
- 1/2 cup Blue Monkey dark chocolate coconut chips
- 1/2 cup Everyday Superfoods Canadian Maple “bacon” coconut snack
Looking for Delicious Salad Recipes?
In my Gluten Free Salads Cookbook you can find 27 other delicious recipes your friends and family will love, including: Cucumber Herb Salad, Roasted Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad, Sesame Noodle Salad and many more. Purchase yours today.
Share this recipe with your friends: