This is day 7 of my #20daysofcookies campaign to post a new gluten free dairy free recipe each day. Enjoy the other recipes here.
This cookie has made me laugh a few times already. I recently made these cookies as part as a bake sale I was doing with Calgary Food Bloggers. At the bake sale I had a few folks say “moose?” as in “mousse” cookies?
Here again, I could have called these cookies by another name but to me they are moose cookies! I came up with the recipe after finding a moose cookie cutter at my local grocery store.
Here is the 7th new cookie recipe for the month of December, #20daysofcookies, where I will share 20 new gluten free cookie recipes from December 1-20. Make sure you subscribe to receive each one!
A new cookie recipe everyday. Not a recipe I have posted in the past, these are all NEW recipes! I’m pretty proud of myself!
Recipe: Gluten Free Double Chocolate Moose Cookies
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free and egg free. This recipe makes about 24-30 cookies.
- 3/4 cup Earth Balance vegan “butter”, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 1/3 cup gluten free flour blend (I used Compliments gluten free flour blend)
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- In a stand mixer beat the vegan “butter” with the brown sugar. Add the cocoa powder, vanilla powder and cinnamon and mix on low speed.
- Add the gluten free flour blend and beat on high for a few minutes.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix.
- Cover dough with saran wrap and place in refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut 2 pieces of parchment paper. Line counter with one sheet.
- Place 1/2 of the dough on the parchment paper. Sprinkle a bit of extra gluten free flour on the dough and pat down.
- Cover dough with parchment paper.
- Roll dough out using rolling pin on top of parchment paper.
- Don’t roll too thin, I would say about 1/4 inch thick.
- Remove top layer of parchment paper.
- Use cookie cutter to cut out shape.
- Place shape on cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.