I say you can never have too many chocolate recipes and especially for myself as a blogger I say the more chocolate cake recipes I can share with you all the better.
This recipe is gluten and dairy free too for I used Tofutti dairy free sour cream in the batter but you can always use regular sour cream if you do not have a dairy issue.
It is always nice to have a simple chocolate cake recipe that you can make easily and serve when you are having family or friends over.
As usual I used Compliments gluten free flour blend for this recipe but feel free to use your own favourite gluten free flour blend. I find this blend works the best for me, especially living here in Calgary where it is not only dry with very little humidity but also is high in altitude.
I hope you give this recipe a try and I would love to hear how the recipe worked for you.
Gluten Free Sour Cream Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend (I used Compliments gluten free flour blend available at Sobeys and Safeway)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance vegan “butter”
- 1/2 cup Tofutti dairyfree sour cream
- 1/2- 3/4 cup goats milk
- 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp good vanilla
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl whisk the gluten free flour blend, salt and baking soda together.
- In a small saucepan on low heat melt the vegan “butter” with the chocolate squares.
- Stir and heat until mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and cool.
- In a small bowl add apple cider vinegar to the goat milk.
- In a stand mixture mix on low speed the sour cream, vanilla and sugar.
- Add the egg and mix again.
- Add alternately the flour blend and goat milk and turn to medium speed and beat until batter is smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture and mix again on medium speed to combine.
- Pour cake batter into the prepared baking pan and place in oven.
- Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
Optional chocolate frosting:
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted in microwave
- 2 Tbsp Earth Balance vegan “butter”, softened
- 1/2 cup Tofutti dairy free sour cream
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- Blend all in a stand mixer or in a medium bowl with a hand mixer until frosting is smooth.
- Spread frosting over cooled chocolate cake.
Looking for Delicious Salad Recipes?
In my Gluten Free Salads Cookbook you can find 27 other delicious recipes your friends and family will love, including: Cucumber Herb Salad, Roasted Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad, Sesame Noodle Salad and many more. Purchase yours today.
Share this recipe with your friends: