This is day 17 of my #20daysofcookies campaign to post a new gluten free dairy free recipe each day. Enjoy the other recipes here.
Time has definitely gone fast this December and it is only 8 days until Christmas.
Here is the 17th new cookie recipe for the month of December, #20daysofcookies, where I will share 20 new gluten free cookie recipes from December 1-20. Make sure you subscribe to receive each one!
I am not ready. Are you?
This is another gluten and dairy free cookie recipe and one that is easy to make.
I added dried cranberries and pecan pieces to some of the cookie dough and left other cookies plain.
Another fun thing to do with these cookies is to dip them in melted chocolate.
Melt Enjoy Life chocolate chips with a bit of coconut oil in the microwave. Dip bottoms of cookies into the melted chocolate, place cookies on a small cookie sheet and then in the refrigerator to set.
Recipe: Gluten Free Dairy Free Coconut Cranberry Macaroons
This recipe made about 27 small cookies
- 4 egg whites (or 8 Tbsp of liquid egg whites)
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour blend (I use Compliments gluten free flour blend)
- * optional 1/4 cup dried cranberries and 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl beat the egg whites and sugar with a hand mixer.
- Mix for a few minutes.
- Add the vanilla paste and mix again.
- Add the gluten free flour and shredded coconut and mix on low speed until combined.
- Stir in the cranberries and pecans.
- Let dough rest for 5 minutes.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to drop dough onto lined cookie sheets.
- Bake in oven for 15-17 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Once cool you have the option of dipping bottom of cookies in melted chocolate.