This is day 4 of my #20daysofcookies campaign to post a new gluten free dairy free recipe each day. Enjoy the other recipes here.
Are you liking all the new cookie recipes I am posting daily?
You still have time to let me know if there is a recipe you would like to see posted. A childhood cookie you would like made gluten free? Wanting more drop, shape, chocolate, filled cookies?
Here is the 4th new cookie recipe for the month of December, #20daysofcookies, where I will share 20 new gluten free cookie recipes from December 1-20. Make sure you subscribe to receive each one!
This recipe is a cookie I remember from my childhood. Chocolate balls of dough rolled in icing sugar before baking, and then once baked they spread and crackle.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Recipe: Gluten Free Chocolate Crackle Cookies
This recipe is gluten and dairy free. It makes about 37 cookies.
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance vegan “butter”
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life gluten free chocolate chips
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend (I used Compliments gluten free flour blend)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking power
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2-3/4 cup icing sugar
- Melt vegan “butter” and chocolate chips in a saucepan on low heat.
- Once melted, stir and cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl add melted chocolate and with a hand mixer beat in the eggs.
- In a small bowl whisk the gluten free flour blend, salt, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until well combined.
- Cover dough and place in refrigerator for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place icing sugar on a small plate.
- Shape doughs into small balls and then roll balls in icing sugar.
- Place balls on parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.