- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup raw pistachios
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup gluten free Rice Krispie cereal
- 1 tsp maca powder *
- 1 tsp lucuma powder *
Optional ingredients to roll balls in:
- unsweetened coconut
- raw cocao nibs
- good quality cocoa powder
- In a food processor pulse the pistachios and pumpkin seeds until finely chopped.
- In a small saucepan on low heat add the coconut oil and the dates.
- Cook for 5 minutes until dates are soft.
- Stir well.
- Add warmed dates to food processor.
- Process until all is combined well.
- In a large bowl add the gluten free Rice Krispies, coconut, maca and lucuma powder.
- Add the ingredients from the food processor and stir to combine.
- I like to use my hands to mix the ingredients.
- Using a ice cream scoop make balls out of the mixture.
- Roll in coconut, cocoa powder or raw cacao nibs.
- Place in refrigerator to cool.
I purchased the maca powder and lucuma powder at The Light Cellar in Bowness.
The maca and lucuma powder are optional ingredients.
For other great recipes your kids will love this Summer, grab a copy of my NEW cookbook, which contains 21 other delicious recipes your kids and the rest of your family will love… all absolutely gluten-free!
School Lunches: 21 Delicious Gluten Free Recipes
by Carrie Adair, founder of Wheat Free Mom
What if nobody could tell the meals you cooked were gluten-free?
Introducing… School Lunches: 21 Delicious Gluten Free Recipes
Here’s what others are saying:
“I am recently diagnosed [with celiacs], and your recipes are a great inspiration.” -Debbie
“I have tried a lot of your recipes and have enjoyed them all.” -Beverly