As I am sitting here it is snowing in Calgary. Woke up to a ton of snow on my front porch and as of noon now it has not stopped snowing. Guess my time of morning walks with my runners on is over.
I am an avid walker and get out for a 90 min walk every morning-rain or snow. I find my walks set the pace for my day and as much as I try to get my heart rate up when Im walking I do find it a time for meditation also.
What do you do in the morning to set your day?
This photo was from my walk yesterday. Hard to believe there is a foot of snow now on the ground.
With the holidays approaching fast I am going to try and share as many new gluten-free recipes as I can until Christmas.
I’d love to get your feedback on these new recipes and please let me know if there is a gluten-free recipe you’d like for me to develop.
This bundt cake is filled with a creamy cream cheese filling and to take this cake to the next level I poured a brown sugar icing over top.Print
Recipe: Cream Cheese Swirl Bundt Cake
A gluten-free bundt cake stuffed with a cream cheese filling that your guests will be wowed with
- 1 250g cream cheese
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup Swerve brown sugar sweetener
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 Tbsp apple pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend(1to1)
- 3/4 cup milk less 1 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 250 g cream cheese
- 1/4 cup granular Swerve sweetener
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray(grease) a bundt pan then sprinkle tapioca starch inside pan.
- In a medium bowl add the cream cheese,swerve and egg and beat well with a hand mixer.
- In a stand mixer add the cream cheese and butter and mix on medium speed until it’s creamy. Add the sweetener, eggs, vanilla, baking soda and spices and beat well.
- Add the gluten free flour and mix on low speed.
- Add the vinegar to the milk and then add it to the batter.
- Mix on low speed, then increase to medium and beat batter until creamy.
- Pour 1/2 the batter into greased pan.
- Add cream cheese mixture on top.
- Then add batter. Use a knife to swirl batter into cream cheese.
- Bake in oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove and cool.