As much as I love to cook and bake I find when the hot temperatures climb here in Calgary all I want is cold dishes. Nothing complicated either. I just want something that is easy to make and tastes great.
This new recipe for cantaloupe and cucumber salad does the trick.
I almost feel guilty posting the recipe for it really is just so easy. Minimal ingredients, but all fresh in flavours!
This salad would be great at a summer barbecue too. You can top the salad with sliced BBQ chicken breasts or serve it as a side salad alongside a full chicken breast.
Definitely easy clean up in the kitchen too!
One cutting board, a spiralizer for slicing up the cucumber, one bowl and that’s it.
I used a mandolin for slicing the cucumber really thin. Super quick that way.
Okay, here is the recipe for the Cantaloupe and Cucumber Salad and when I say it is an easy recipe, it really is.
Recipe: Cantaloupe and Cucumber Salad
- 1/2 Cantaloupe, cored, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 of an English cucumber
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- Maldon sea salt
- Optional: 1 tsp finely chopped red chile pepper
- Slice the cucumber using a spiralizer. I like to use the blade that slices long very thin strips.
- Use a mandolin to thinly slice the cantaloupe.
- In a medium bowl whisk the lime juice and olive oil.
- Add the sliced cantaloupe, sliced cucumber, fresh mint (optional chile pepper ) and sea salt and toss lightly.
Salad is ready to serve!
Looking for Delicious Salad Recipes?
In my Gluten Free Salads Cookbook you can find 27 other delicious recipes your friends and family will love, including: Cucumber Herb Salad, Roasted Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad, Sesame Noodle Salad and many more. Purchase yours today.
Share this recipe with your friends: