I love eggs.
I also love bacon so anytime I can combine the 2 together is always a good thing I think. These baked egg cups do that and more.
You can make these on a Sunday and have them for a quick heat up and go breakfast on busy weekdays or in lunches as an option instead of a sandwich or an addition to a weekend brunch.
This recipe makes 6 baked egg cups but you could easily double the recipe.
I kept the recipe fairly simple with the fillings but you can add green onions, chopped mushrooms, green or red peppers or whatever else you like to have with your eggs.
Recipe: Baked Egg Cups
This recipe makes 6 egg cups.
- 2 thin slices deli ham per egg cup (12 slices of ham)
- 3 slices of fried bacon (cut in 1/2 for 6 pieces)
- 3 slices fried bacon, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 12 baby tomatoes
- 1 heaping Tbsp shredded sharp cheese per egg cup
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 6 large paper cupcake liners for the egg cups.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 6 muffin cups with the paper liners.
- Beat eggs and whipping cream together.
- Pour into a glass pouring bowl.
- Place 2 slices deli ham into each muffin cup.
- Sprinkle a bit of the fried chopped bacon and shredded carrot into each muffin cup.
- Place 2 baby tomatoes into each muffin cup.
- Stand a slice of bacon in between the 2 baby tomatoes.
- Pour the beaten eggs into each muffin cup.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on the top of each muffin cup.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from oven.