Last week I was craving pudding. Do you ever crave pudding?
In fact, not just one kind of pudding I was wanting warm tapioca pudding with fresh cold cream poured over top, I wanted cold tapioca pudding with layers of mango curd in a parfait glass and I also wanted a rich chocolate rice pudding using the leftover rice in my freezer.
Yep, pudding was the theme for a week in my house.
Today I am going to share a recipe for using that leftover cooked rice you have in your freezer. Normally I will make fried rice with it, but today it was about a rich chocolate dessert.
This dessert is so good and so rich I would gladly serve it when entertaining guests.
I’d even serve this chocolate rice pudding in small fancy glasses and have it on my dessert table this Easter.
Pudding isn’t just for kids I say, it’s for grown ups!
Recipe: Almond Butter Chocolate Rice Pudding
- 2 cups cooked and cooled leftover rice
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Almond Butter
- 3 Tbsp good quality dark chocolate cocoa powder
- In a medium saucepan on low heat combine the rice, milk, sugar, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Stir and increase heat to medium for 8-10 minutes stirring often.
- Turn heat to low.
- In a small bowl whisk the egg.
- Add a bit of hot rice mixture to egg and stir. Add a bit more of the hot liquid and stir.
- Add the warmed egg mixture into the saucepan and whisk well.
- Increase heat to medium and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cocoa powder to the hot rice mixture and stir well.
- Continue cooking on low heat for another 10 minutes.
- Add the almond butter and stir well.
- Turn off heat.
- Serve pudding warm but I also liked it cold with a bit of fresh whipping cream poured over top.
Looking for Delicious Salad Recipes?
In my Gluten Free Salads Cookbook you can find 27 other delicious recipes your friends and family will love, including: Cucumber Herb Salad, Roasted Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad, Sesame Noodle Salad and many more. Purchase yours today.
Share this recipe with your friends: